Where to start? Blogging seems like such a HUGE blank canvas. Well, I think I'll start with things from my spare time. Though I must say that cooking isn't something I think of doing in my spare time. Oh well, back to ya gotta start somewhere. Dinner tonight is a walk down memory lane. Actually, it's a recipe that originated here. There was/is a Columbia on St. Armands Key, in Sarasota, where I grew up. My Mom and Grama would go out shopping and to lunch one day each week (religiously, and without fail I might add). This was one of their lunch stops. They loved this salad, and as they did with quite a few recipes, managed to recreate it at home for us. They didn't get the recipe from the restaurant... they figured it out themselves. Because of that, this is what the recipe card looks like.... (see above... as I don't know how to move a photo yet). So, there isn't much to go on- except what you know it's supposed to taste like. There aren't many recipes I can do that with! Hope it's yummy.
Here's a picture of Mom and Grama Buell back in the shopping days....
No comments:
Post a Comment