Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Wonder Dog and Peter Pan

She really is a wonder-ful dog.... Caya came into our family by adoption. My younger sister couldn't keep her in her new living situation, so we inherited a full grown, well trained.... mutt. To say she is a mutt seems very disrespectful, because there are many days that I think she is just a few neurons short of speaking to me. Somedays I wish she could, somedays, I'm glad she can't. She is, however, the smartest dog I have ever encountered.



One of her favorite things.... besides a nice afternoon walk and a scratch behind the ears is a peanut butter jar. Whenever she hears the jar open, she comes jogging over... click click click on the tile floor. Most of the time, she just has to watch me use the peanut butter to make a sandwich, but occasionally she has the thrill of getting the "empty" peanut butter jar for her own. She makes the most of it until I take it away. I only take it away when she starts to bite the plastic with the intention of tearing the jar apart. See for
yourself. First, she patiently waits, then waits some more for me to tell her she can have it (because she is just that good of a dog), then she gets down to business and enjoys every last lick. She will be 11 years old a week from tomorrow ( we celebrate her birthday on my sister's bday, since that is how we came to inherit her). Don't know what I will do without her when the day comes..... don't want to think about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment